Overview of Mission Mode Projects
Mission Mode Projects
A mission mode project (MMP) is an individual project within the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) that focuses on one aspect of electronic governance, such as banking, land records or commercial taxes etc. Within NeGP 2.0, "mission mode" implies that projects have clearly defined objectives, scopes, and implementation timelines and milestones, as well as measurable outcomes and service levels.
Components of Mission Mode Projects
The components of MMPs include
- Capacity building scheme - The scheme envisions
- Establishment of Institutional Framework for State Level Strategic decision- making including setting-up of State e-Governance Mission Team (SeMT).
- Imparting of specialized training, Orientation program for SeMTs and decision makers.
- Setting up of a central Capacity Building Management Cell for coordination and implementation of the scheme.
- Awareness and communication - The main objectives of the scheme are
- Build NeGP as an umbrella brand
- Create awareness about e-Governance services and service delivery points
- Build ownership/ stake of implementers in NeGP
- Impact and outcomes - Besides assessment of projects, DeitY also undertakes e-Readiness Assessment of States and Union Territories.
- Standards and Policies - Standards in e-Governance are a high priority activity, which will help ensure sharing of information and seamless interoperability of data across e-Governance applications.
Status of Mission Mode Projects
NeGP comprises of 44 Mission Mode Projects encompassing 15 central MMPs, 17 state MMPs and 12 integrated MMPs. MMPs are owned and spearheaded by various line ministries. State Governments are responsible for implementing State MMPs, under the overall guidance of respective Line Ministries in cases where Central Assistance is also required. MeitY acts as the facilitator and catalyst for the implementation of NeGP and provides technical assistance to various Ministries / Departments and State Governments.
The Core Projects (Mission Mode Projects)
- Central Excise & Customs
- Income Tax (IT)
- Immigration, Visa and Foreigners Registration & Tracking
- Central Armed Para Military Forces
- NMEICT - National Mission on Education through ICT
- Agriculture 2.0
- Commercial Taxes
- Employment Exchange
- Land Records (NLRMP)
- Police (CCTNS)
- Treasuries Computerization
- Agriculture 2.0
- Rural Development
- Women and Child development
- EDI For eTrade
- National e-governance Service Delivery Gateway
- India Portal
- Financial Inclusion
- Roads and Highways Information System
- Social benefit
- National GIS
- Urban Governance
For more information, click here
Source : NEGP and MeitY
- India portal
- e-Governance Standards Portal
- Framework for Citizen Engagement in e-Governance
- Framework & Guidelines for Use of Social Media for Government Organisations
निमणे सुदारीत : 3/1/2020
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.